Saturday, April 13, 2013

Weigh In Day

If you follow me on Twitter, you may have already seen that tweet if you haven't I want to welcome you into my point of view for the next few minutes. Losing weight is like a roller coaster, when your numbers are going down, it's the most fun. When your numbers are going up, you are constantly in anticipation of what comes next.

At my weekly weigh in on March 30, my scale indicated that I had lost 2.4 pounds. I thought that was a bit odd, but I went with it because I stepped on the scale 3 times and got the same reading. The following week, where I focused on non-scale victories, according to my scale - which I believe is right, I gained at least 4.2 pounds.

Again, I wasn't sure if that was odd or not but I was so focused on non-scale victories (which are definitely important) that my mind wasn't fully wrapping around the numbers I saw on the scale. Yes, I was a little sad to see those numbers but it just forced me to push myself harder and realize that one week where I had a remarkable weight loss won't be the same for the rest of the weeks.

This week when I stepped on the scale, I lost 3 of those 4 pounds. Again I am taking this number with a grain of salt, mainly because I didn't follow up with what I saw last week on my weigh in day blog post. So, in order for me to get back to my lowest weight that I have been on this journey, I have to lose another 1.2 pounds.

Although, this is a minor setback, I feel that I can overcome it with hard work and dedication but I know it will take a lot of both. This is something that I have been bracing myself for and it is finally here so now I have to prove to myself that I can overcome this and not have it hold me back.

Total loss for this week: 3 pounds
Total loss for the month: 3 pounds (after a 4.2 pound gain earlier in the month)
Total loss since the start of this journey: 16 pounds (still proud of that number)


No comments:

Post a Comment