Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Last Day of the Semester

Today was my "official" last day of my junior year in college. Of course there are exams (awful, dreadful, horrible exams; well actually only one of them will be like that) but that doesn't do anything to bring down my happiness that I am well on my way to graduating next May.

During the semester I was bombarded with work, papers, exams, readings (your typical college stuff) and it really took a toll on me. Although I did okay with my eating and getting my exercise in, I could have definitely done better with both, a lot better.


You may be thinking, what does that have to do with this weight loss blog? Well, up until this past Friday I could never have imagined finding time to workout during the semester. Yes, this past Friday was practically the end of the semester and it would make sense that I could find the time, but the point is, the specific workout I have chosen has helped me find the time.


As you may (if you have read yesterdays post) or may not (if you haven't read the post or this is the first time you are reading my blog) know, I started the Biggest Losers Cardio Max workout. At the point I am at in the workout, I have been able to incorporate it into my daily routine. I always tried to make sure I worked out at least 2 days a week (during the semester) but now (of course, at the end) I am getting more days in. Definitely, better late than never.

I always told myself that I could find the time if I put my mind to it and I am finally doing that. I am finally able to focus on something that I am enjoying (in this case the workout). I am still in the beginning stages; trying to keep up with the moves, regulate my breathing so I can last longer, etc. but I am having fun with this workout and that's the most important thing.


No comments:

Post a Comment