Saturday, April 27, 2013

Weigh In Day

Today's weekly weigh in shows a 0.8 gain. Surprisingly, I am not mad at seeing that at all, mainly because I didn't have the best week but I also didn't gain a pound, only .8 ounces. Therefore, I am actually pretty pleased with today's results.

Total gain for this week: 0.8 pounds
Total loss for the month: 2.2 pounds
Total loss since the start of this journey: 15.2 pounds (this is why I am not mad at today's weigh in, because I am still holding at over 15 pounds lost)

Since April is coming to a close, I decided to take final measurements to see how I compared from the start of the month to now.

Here are measurements from Saturday, April 6:
Neck - 15
Bust - 46
Chest - 41
Waist - 44
Hips - 50
Thighs - 28
Calves - 16
Upper Arm - 14
Forearm - 10 1/2

Here are measurements for Saturday, April 27:
Neck - 15
Bust - 45
Chest - 39 1/2
Waist - 44
Hips - 50
Thighs - 28
Calves - 15 1/2
Upper Arm - 14
Forearm - 10

Overall, for the month as a whole, my inches went down, which is a large non-scale victory, I had a slight 1/2 inch increase in some areas from last week, but again, that is no problem because these things happen. Sometimes you lose, sometimes you don't. I have never had a week where I saw a substantial loss (like last weeks 3 pounds) followed by another substantial loss; it just doesn't work like that for me. What works for me is knowing that I feel better as each day moves on, not the number on the scale.

4 comments:

  1. I just love the attitude you have about the little things that get so many people down. That's how I know you're going to be successful in the long run. You've done so well. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christine!! I figure, if I stress about the little things then I will get no where; if I think about those little things as challenges, I may get somewhere on this journey.

      Delete
  2. You're positive attitude after a gain is so refreshing. Most people get so down and over think it, usually to their detriment in the long run. I think you've got the right idea :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I was to get down about a gain, then I know I would lose focus so the only way to stay in focus is to accept my gain and move on. By accepting it, I am able to accept the fact that a small change can help my mind when it comes to a small gain.

      Delete