Friday, April 5, 2013

Week In Review

Yet another week has come and gone. Educational wise, that is a good thing - I am closer to the end of the semester but it also means that I am one week closer to my estimated goal date (September 14). According to Lose It!, I will have lost a total of 63 pounds by that date in September. As I get closer to that date, it seems that the weeks fly putting me even closer to that date.

Luckily went I went to the gym this week, there was already someone on the Precor machine (the elliptical - see picture, machine on left) so I had to go to the machine on the right (not sure what its technical name is, I call it "the other elliptical"). This gave me the chance to switch up my routine. Lately I have been sticking to one machine for multiple days at the gym instead of switching the machines up. 

As far as working out this week, I did manage at least 3 days; 2 at the gym and 2 at home. Of course 2 + 2 = 4 but my 2 days at home were sort of half days of Yoga Meltdown so I just combined those. The weather is shaping up to be much better next week so hopefully I can get out and walk each day.

Once again, I came no where close to drinking 32 ounces of water daily. Lately I have had this Diet Dr. Pepper craving and this entire week, that craving has been satisfied almost daily. I did manage to stay low carb for another week in a row, except for Thursday when I had this craving for Pizza Hut personal pan pizza and bread sticks (the Pizza Hut on campus gives you an exceptional deal when you get a combo which includes the personal pan pizza, bread sticks and a medium drink). 

Lately, I have been struggling with eating closer to my calorie goal and looking back on this week, to get closer to my goal I have been incorporating desserts, which I would like to stop incorporating and incorporate smoothies into my day. 

Coming off of this week, I feel like I have had a good week and even if I gain a few ounces or a pound, I feel good about myself (which is a major non-scale victory) and my week. For me, looking back on my week and feeling good about myself means more to me than any number on the scale (okay, if I saw a lower number tomorrow I would be very very excited, but I shall not dwell on that). Tomorrows weigh in will be replaced with measurements because I feel that my entire week was a huge non-scale victory. 

2 comments:

  1. Awesome blog. I am adding you to my list of blogs I read. Good luck with your goal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Crystal!! Just checked out your blog and I am looking forward to reading your posts, keep up the good work!

      Delete