Monday, April 1, 2013

March Recap

March started off slow for me, far from "in like a lion, out like a lamb" that March is known for. March was exactly the opposite for me, "in like a lamb, out like a lion".

Exercise wise, it was pretty mundane until the end of the month. Hitting the gym as usual, but I was able to incorporate two new machines into my routine which have provided, what I see as, great results. I also incorporated Yoga Meltdown into my routine, which I will definitely be continuing.

Eating wise, I did well and stayed low carb, trying different variations of foods, especially vegetables (a big shout out to my cousin for introducing my entire family to vegetables acceptable for the South Beach Diet, no I am not on South Beach, but my cousin seems to be fond of that diet). I did hit a point where all I craved were sweets, ice cream, cake, whatever was sweet.

I had a goal of losing at least 5 pounds in March and although I fell short of that goal by 1 pound, I don't feel to bad about it at all, I am actually happy to have lost 4 pounds in a month, especially a month which started slower than normal.

Non-scale victories are becoming more apparent  with some of my workout clothes fitting looser than they once did before (definitely a big accomplishment). I am able to last longer at the gym (and during at home workouts) before breaking out in a sweat as well.

Although march came in quiet for me, it went out with a bang and I certainly hope I can say April came in with a bang and went out with a bigger bang, but I have another 29 days to evaluate that.

No comments:

Post a Comment