Monday, April 8, 2013

New Balance N4 Product Review

This past Saturday, I went shopping with one specific purchase in mind; a heart rate monitor. I had my sights set on the New Balance N4 at Target since I noticed they were reasonably priced at $69.99 (I know what you are thinking, that's not reasonably priced, especially since I could get a Polar FT4 for practically the same price, but for me it was, especially since they go on sale at Target).

A couple weeks ago I was in Target and they had marked the N4s down between $33.99 and $36.99. Again, this price was remarkable (better than the original) because you were getting a product at almost half price and it was coming from a brand that does a lot with sports equipment.

But, I waited to see if it was going to go any lower (I stood on the aisle for about 15 minutes just looking at them and trying to figure out if I should buy one, I knew I should have, but I didn't). The next week I went into target the N4s were marked down to $20.98. Again, I knew I should have purchased it then because I would not see that product at that price again and I was right.

This weekend I went into Target (I go every weekend in case you were wondering by now) and there were no N4s left on the shelf in either sports equipment or electronics (you know how things travel, you pick it up and want it, then decide you don't and put it back at the nearest location). I left that Target and went to another Target, still no N4s, but I found a Gaiam HRM for about $9.00. I looked at the review online and as always you had a mixture of both negative and positive, more negative though. I still purchased it because for $9.00 even if I only used it once, it wasn't going to be the end of the world.

I tried one last Target on my way home and couldn't find any marked down N4s in the sporting goods section, so I decided to venture to the electronics section to see if they had any phone cases (I know, that has nothing to do with a HRM) and it is a good thing that I did. There on the shelf was one last New Balance N4 Heart Rate Monitor and I grabbed it, went to the front, returned the Gaiam and purchased that one.

2 days have passed and I am still impressed (and learning) with this HRM. I have read countless negative reviews on sites like Amazon, the majority of which seem to be targeted at the fact that the watch doesn't do what the individual intends for it to do or the watch was sent to them from Amazon with missing parts, used or missing instructions. None of which I see as reasons that you should write a negative review about a product. But, this is where I will give my review of the product in later weeks.

The HRM doubles as a watch and fits comfortably on your wrist. The band, you wear it right under your bust, is elastic and feels like you are wearing nothing at all. Overall, I haven't had it but for 2 days and my initial rating is that I give it a 4 out of 5 (only because I had to set everything back to default for it to get an accurate reading).

It fits my needs, looks nice (I wish I could have found it in a different color), is comfortable and was very reasonably priced.

Stay tuned for a more updated review in weeks to come. Below are pictures of the product (minus the band). Check back for a more detailed review.



No comments:

Post a Comment