Sunday, April 7, 2013

Weekly Goals

For the life of me, I cannot seem to accomplish a few simple goals that I set each week. I am not sure what it is that makes it so hard for me to accomplish but I just can't seem to do it. Some of these goals are repetitive  because practice makes perfect and the more I practice at these goals the more chances I have to succeed at them.

This week, I want to:

  • Lose at least 1 pound - losing one pound puts me closer to my next mini goal but it also means that I have to really buckle down and focus on what I am eating. Enough with the sweets and more of the healthy foods. I say at least 1 pound because I wouldn't mind losing more than that, but I definitely don't want to gain weight. On the other hand, if I did gain weight, I have to realize it is not the end of the world, I just need to refocus. 
  • Drink at least 32 ounces of water daily - I am not sure when I will ever reach this goal, but until then it will show up on this least weekly.
  • Stay low carb - I love carbs. I won't even lie and say I could give up carbs cold turkey, because that would never happen. That is why for the past month or so I have been keeping my carb intake low. I try to have at least one carb at each meal, but if I have two, I don't freak out, I just know I have to work on making sure I get more protein into my meals.
  • Stay closer to my calorie budget - this has worked for me in the past and this week I am vowing to myself that if I cannot log it into LoseIt!, I will try not allow it to enter my body (notice I said try, because there will be some things that may not be in the LoseIt! data base so I have to take an estimated average on those). 
  • Exercise more - this will always be a goal, no matter what stage I am on this journey. I have yet to get in 5 full days of 30 minutes or more worth of exercise. It's getting closer to the end of the semester, time is getting shorter, but I also need my numbers to continue going down and once again, this goal, has landed on the list. The weather will be absolutely beautiful this week, so I am going to take advantage of that.
The goal that I want to accomplish the most:
  • Be proud of the body that I am in - yes, I don't have the body society says I should, but I have the body that is a result of eating (gaining weight) and watching what I eat (losing weight). It's not perfect, I don't want it to be. I just want to be happy and comfortable in this body and the further I make it on this journey, the better I feel. 


This week will be a week where I buckle down and refocus. My priorities are my health and well being and I have to focus on both of those. I am what I am and that is something I have to appreciate.

No comments:

Post a Comment