Thursday, April 18, 2013

Finding the Time

I have addressed this issue many times before and as much as I want to say that I have managed it, I haven't. What I am talking about is time management skills and exercising. I wish I could say I knew how to balance my time and get exercise in but as the semester comes to a close I am struggling to balance both on the days when I really need it. 

I'm at the point, where I am dragging myself out of bed on my "early" morning days. I drag my feet just to get out of the house and then am exhausted all day and can't wait to get home so I can go to bed. I have often thought about swinging by the gym on my way home, but it is packed and I don't want to feel overwhelmed with so many people in one place.

That is why I stick to my twice a week early morning workouts and surprisingly I can be up and ready to go in less than 30 minutes when I know I am going to the gym. While at the gym, and thanks to this new Polar HRM, I try to maximize the time I get to spend in there by conquering more than one machine. 

I just have to figure out ways to maximize my time at home. I have been spoiled by the gym and don't like doing at home workouts anymore, but I have to do what I have to do. How do you maximize your time when you are home and need to workout but your schedule won't allow?

2 comments:

  1. Time management is tough! I can relate, I have the problem of trying to find the time to organize my food so that I am not over eating and everything is weighed out. Tonight I sat down for 1 hour and weighed all the snacks I had in my cabinet and put it in baggies. This will make it easier to grab them and go! I am so glad I was able to do that and it certainly makes things seem easier for the time being.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Planning ahead, and actually going through with the plan, is a big help. For me if I could get all of my school work out of the way on the day I say that I am going to sit down and do it, I would have the time. The same goes with snacks & meals, I plan ahead but never do it when I say I am. What you do is a good idea, put everything in baggies at one time, that way they are easy to grab and go. Good idea!

      Delete