Saturday, April 6, 2013

Weigh-In Day

After writing yesterdays post, I felt that my entire week was a huge non-scale victory. This entire week I have actually felt lighter and I think my brain has finally caught up with the scale and realized that I am losing weight. Since I felt lighter I decided to change up today's weigh in day and update some measurements.

It has been 3 weeks since I updated my measurements and looking back on it, I can see why some people take measurements weekly so they know what has or has not changed (I could never do that though, I would be fixed on these numbers and probably obsessed with them).

For reference, here are measurements from March 16:
Neck - 15
Bust - 47
Chest - 41
Waist - 46
Hips - 51
Thighs - 28 (both)
Calves - 17 (both)
Upper Arm - 14 (both)
Forearm - 11

Here are measurements for April 6:
Neck - 15
Bust - 46
Chest - 41
Waist - 44
Hips - 50
Thighs - 28
Calves - 16
Upper Arm - 14
Forearm - 10 1/2

This months measurements show a loss in inches from my bust (-1 inch), waist (-2 inches!!), hips (-1 inch), forearms (- 1/2 inch) and calves (-1 inch). Talk about excited, these numbers actually mean more to me than the numbers on the scale and I actually think I could go the entire month of April just updating measurements without stepping on the scale because at this point, these non-scale victories are what keep me moving forward because it actually shows that my body (not my weight) is reaping the benefits of working out.

No comments:

Post a Comment